You might be looking for another page with a similar name. If so, visit Goofy (disambiguation).
George Goofy, also known as George P. Geef, Dippy Dawg or simply Goofy, is an anthropomorphic dog.
Goofy is Mickey Mouse's best and oldest friend. He is, as his name implies, goofy and clumsy, as well as extremely naïve and childlike. Goofy seems to operate based on his own dreamlike logic rather than through any real-world customs, and seldom realizes what goes wrong in his endeavors, convinced he was doing just fine and it's the universe that is being mean to him. He has, however, also demonstrated several special talents on occasions, such as an amazing photographic memory or artistic gifts. He also has a superhero alter-ego called Super Goof.
Goofy was temporarily married to a redheaded woman, only known as Mrs Goofy, who was just as clumsy as Goofy himself but also very attractive. They even had a son, Max. Unfortunately, they seem to have been separated soon thereafter. Goofy had to raise his son alone, and moved to the city of Spoonerville during Max's teenage years, presumably to keep him away from the constant adventures Goofy would get into if he stayed within spitting distance of Mickey Mouse. However, Max is now an adult and Goofy has moved back to Mouseton.
Behind the scenesEdit
Goofy first appeared in the 1932 cartoon Mickey's Revue.
- Pinto Colvig (Classical voice from 1932 to 1965 with intermissions)
- George Johnson (Recurring voice between 1939 and 1943)
- Bob Jackman (Temporary voice in 1951)
- Hal Smith (An Adaptation of Dickens' Christmas Carol)
- Jack Wagner (A Magic Kingdom Yuletide Special)
- Will Ryan (Temporary voice from 1986 to 1988)
- Bill Farmer (Classical voice since 1987)