You might be looking for another page with a similar name. If so, visit Scrooge (disambiguation) or McDuck (disambiguation).
Scrooge McDuck, also known as Uncle Scrooge, is an anthropomorphic duck.
Scrooge McDuck, son of Fergus McDuck and Downy O'Drake, is the richest duck in the world. Born in 1867 in Scotland, he left in 1877 for the United States of America, where he sought wealth for a decade before finding it in the Klondike in 1896-1898 (see his biography). Scrooge is the uncle of Donald Duck and the great-uncle of Huey, Dewey, and Louie Duck, and he often teams up with all four of them to go on world-travelling adventures (often in search of mythical treasures). Scrooge is incredibly stingy and greedy but nonetheless is fundamentally a good person.
Scrooge's fortune is too large to count, especially considering that he earns more million dollars every minute; although a lot of it is invested or kept in bank, Scrooge also owns a baffling amount of cash which he keeps in large "Money Bins"; his main one is located on Killmotor Hill, in Duckburg. Scrooge keeps all these coins and banknotes as souvenirs of the adventures he went through to earn them, and apparently remembers how he earned every single one of them. He also loves to swim in the money bin as if it were a swimming pool, a logic-defying ability he is one of the only people in the world to possess.
Scrooge's diet is always rather frugal, as, of course, he hates spending money on needless luxuries. However, other than the various canned foods, Scrooge has a rather peculiar diet. For meat, he mostly eats quails, and his favourite drink is a very special nutmeg tea. He is also fond of Scottish scones. Interestingly, Scrooge has never been truly sick in his life.
Behind the scenes
He first appeared in 1947 in Christmas on Bear Mountain.
- Dan McKennon (Donald Duck and his Friends)
- Bill Thompson (Scrooge McDuck and Money)
- Will Ryan (Soccermania)
- Jack Wagner (A Magic Kingdom Yuletide Special)
- Alan Young (An Adaptation of Dickens' Christmas Carol, Mickey's Christmas Carol, DuckTales, The Treasure of the Sierra Marsdre, Around the World in Eighty Days, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Mickey's Christmas Chaos, Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas, House of Scrooge, Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, No, Goofy's First Love, DuckTales Remastered)
- John Kassir (Duck the Halls)
- David Tennant (DuckTales 2017; actually an alternate version of the character)